Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Today I watched Jesse finish one of his drums, cleaning and stretching a hide over the freshly carved rim and tightening the ropes. He's experimenting with coconut wood. He thinks he'll be able to make drums out of all kinds of wood soon. I'm going to miss the old wood that he uses though, it looks like something from a natural history museum.

Today I also finished reading the story of Siddartha Guatama Buddha, written by Deepak Chopra. I really liked it, I mean, the drama of the story was ok I guess, but I really like the Buddhist journey to enlightenment. I think I'm going to be a buddhist for a little a while. It will be fun. I just hope the Christian Missionaries here won't mind too much.

I also reread two stories by Flannery O Conner. I forgot how great she was. I think I'll go back to reading her some more now.

No comments:

Post a Comment