Monday, May 21, 2012

I'm not leaving myself enough time at night to put up a decent post.  I need to start doing these near the beginning of my day, while I'm still fresh.  The stuff I write at night isn't even coherent.

Blah blah blah. something vague and predictably self-important.

I really need to figure out what I'm doing with my life.  The options have been slowly dwindling.  Should I teach?  I'm not really much of a teacher.  I don't possess a lot of patience or empathy. But its something I feel I can do and not thoroughly hate. And there's job security, even if the pay is shit.  I'd have more free time. I'd get to work on my people skills.  If I teach English abroad I'd get to travel and learn new languages. Which would give me experience for getting a better paying teaching job in the States.

Should I just go for the money?  I could get my broker's licence.  I could start making a decent living and shoot for early retirement.  I'd get to enjoy a more luxurious existence.

I could go for higher education. I love being in school. I could even get something practical like an MBA and then not have to worry as much about paying for it.

I don't know. Anything would be fine. I just hate the idea of making the wrong choice.  What if I end up hating the career I decide to go into? What if I come to find that I can't stand teaching? or I start despising real estate? Or what if I grow to regret throwing away all that money for a useless degree I'll never use? I don't want to be responsible for those kinds of consequences.

I just want a clear path. Something I can enjoy rather than fret over.

No comments:

Post a Comment